Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what we wrote on YMMV this week. From great travel deals to what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Weekly Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Every Saturday we post a bunch of sweepstakes and contests we’ve found on the ‘net where the grand prize is TRAVEL! Of course, you gotta be in it to win it, so click here to see what you could enter to win this week. If you decide to any, GOOD LUCK!
Posts We Like
On Sundays and Wednesdays we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links about a Visa no longer needed, Marriott Bonvoy & other hotel complaints, a huge Walt Disney World entry change, and more. Click here to see it all!
- On Wednesday we posted links about the plane that landed in the wrong country, the different renditions of the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror around the world, Spirit removed a child from a plane and didn’t tell the mother, a great travel computer, a quick way to get from JFK to NYC, the naked guy on a plane, the future of an Amex card, and more. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- I’ve seen a LOT of hotel pools but this was the best one ever
- How DO the fountains at the Bellagio work, anyway?
- Should you pay for the Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) when renting a car?
- Seeing the stuff that only Disney cast members are usually supposed to be able to see
- This is why you shouldn’t use your phone in the secure area when entering the U.S.
- Flat Earthers cruise being planned (Note: cruises are navigated by GPS, which works because the earth is round)
- All about our first experience with the T-Mobile international internet plan
- A lesson in the wrong way to steal the salt and pepper shakers from Virgin Atlantic
- Credit card review: World of Hyatt card
- Product review: spAIRtray, “the hassle free airline window shelf”
- Hotel review: Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte/South Park
- The unusual way to win a week in the Roosevelt NOLA Hotel’s Presidential Suite – it’s a real steal!
- Oh sure…NOW the awesome car rental deals happen!
- The effortless way to get the cheapest fare from the London Underground
- When you should(n’t) use airline co-brand credit cards to pay for airfare
- Four Seasons Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort offering free night, gift card package
- Opinion: peoples’ response to the upcoming ETIAS visa/non-visa/maybe ESTA payback for going to Europe
- Should you get the three types of rental car insurance?
- A humorous look at Disney Parks’ new rules on smoking, ice and strollers
- Marriott is still in no rush when it comes to delivering bad news
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary