Can it really be the end of the month already? Wow! Besides being the month of our Facebook Group‘s “birthday” (it turned ONE YEAR OLD on February 25th, y’all!), the same group surpassed 5,000 members ON ITS ACTUAL BIRTHDAY! February was also record-breaking month for us in terms of readership – THANK-YOU, travel friends!
Here are our most popular posts for February 2019. Several of them were actually written before February (some were written QUITE a while before – heads up that rules and offers change and we can’t guarantee that those older ones are still accurate), so take a look so you don’t miss any of the good stuff:
AIRPORTS & AIRLINES
- Have we outgrown business class?
- The lounges of Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- A beginner’s guide to airline alliances
- What are “preferred” seats on Delta & why pay extra to sit there?
- Here’s how you can get into airport lounges when flying JetBlue from New York to Orlando
CAR RENTALS & GROUND TRANSPORTATION
- What to do when your UBER charge is higher than expected
- How to avoid crazy toll charges when renting a car in Orlando
- How to easily know what side a rental car’s gas cap is on
- Why do rental car companies charge for extra drivers? And do you always have to pay for it?
- Late returning your rental car? It could cost you an extra day’s rental charge
- Citi Prestige: what changed, what didn’t, and what it all means
- Why I’m not paying attention to Chase offers
- Arrrrgh – a hacked credit card cost me points!
- The JetBlue Plus card saved us $120 on a single trip
- A year of retention offers
DISNEY THEME PARKS
- The rise and fall of what would have been Disney’s third theme park in the U.S.A.
- That way not everyone knew about how to bypass Disney’s Advance Dining reservations? It’s (mostly) gone
- Experiencing “dark” Disney & Universal attractions with the lights on
- Staying at WDW with no car? Make sure Disney doesn’t charge you for overnight parking
- The WDW dining plan you can get without staying at a WDW hotel
- A humorous look at first class travel (for the rest of us)
- Why you shouldn’t give a young child a passport
- No, my carry on bag is NOT too big to fit in the overhead
- NY Mass Transit made a rule about pets, so New Yorkers said, “Hold my beer…”
- I want to visit this restaurant simply because it has the best name in the world
HOTELS & PLACES TO STAY
- How to override hotel thermostat settings
- Use Airbnb? Watch out for hidden cameras
- The banning of resort fees & other hidden charges: the good news & the bad news
- Understanding hotel taxes, resort fees & deposits for incidentals
- Why do luxury hotels charge for WiFi but cheap hotels don’t? And what can you do about it?
- HOORAY! The newest updates to the MyTSA app makes it actually USEFUL!
- How to eat at a crowded restaurant with no reservations
- The one thing a visitor to New Orleans should never talk about
- Mourning the loss of a travel-related superstar
- How to recover from a long flight ASAP
NON-DISNEY THEME PARKS
- That time when Steven Spielberg gave a studio tour at Universal Studios Hollywood
- Our meal at Sharks Underwater Grill, the upscale restaurant inside SeaWorld Orlando
- Bedrock City is closing! It’s your last chance to visit this bit of nostalgic kitch
- Breathing new life into an historic Central Florida landmark attraction
- Opinion: r.e.: lawsuit against Universal Studios Orlando due to warning signage
POINTS AND MILES
- How we went on a $25,000 trip halfway around the world for less than $1000
- I used points from all three banks and we’re flying to Germany on Singapore Airlines!
- The reason you need to pool your Chase Ultimate Rewards (it’s not what you think)
- Reasons you should merge your Starwood (SPG) and Marriott accounts
- Should you earn rental credits or frequent flyer miles for National car rentals?
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary