Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- While we all have our experience of what was our worst flight ever, knowing which ones to avoid in advance is an important piece of information. Gary from View From the Wing shares information about which flight might be the worst one in America.
- Speaking of your worst flight ever, imagine if you got on a plane and found yourself sitting in a row with two children. Then imagine if when you asked to trade seats with the kids parents in the row in front of you, they decline. Holly from Frugal Travel Guy was presented with exactly that situation. Check her post to see how things turned out.
- Ed from Pizza in Motion writes about the biggest points redemption that he can remember. I’ll ask you, is anything would worth redeeming 3 MILLION Marriott Rewards (Bonvoy) points for?
- Speaking of extravagances, Lucky writes on One Mile At A Time about how the “Sail Around The World” has dropped anchor in the Maldives and a local exclusive resort is allowing passengers to use the hotels amenities such as the pool, restaurants and the spa.
- While we’ve done our share of traveling, I can count the number of countries we’ve been to on both hands (and maybe some toes). However, there are people who collect passport stamps like I collected stamps. Tim from Points to be Made asks the question “What does it mean to say you’ve actually visited a country?” While I’ve transferred flights in Thailand, I still don’t think I’ve ever visited there.
- Seth writes on Wandering Aramean about his recent trip to Sarajevo and a visit to the abandoned Olympic Bobsled track. While not fully an urban explorer post, it was an interesting look at things that are built for a single use and never needed again.
- In an event I’m shocked that wasn’t done by a resident of Florida, Miles to Memories told about a man who caused an emergency landing of a plane because of his erratic behavior. His excuse, it was because he was headed to rehab so he took a bunch of Meth before getting on the flight.
- We wrote a while back about the pop-up Mickey Mouse exhibition that was in NYC for several months. It appears a similar exhibition has now opened at Disneyland, as per Christina at Inside the Magic.
- Finally, there was a post from Million Mile Secrets about the ending (now ended) offer from Chase where you could get a Southwest Companion Pass when signing up for one of their co-brand credit cards. While this offer could be a great deal for some people, they called this the offer of the year. I’d like to kiddingly remind them that it’s only February, and we have 10 1/2 months to go.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!