Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what we wrote on YMMV this week. From great travel deals to what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
On Tuesdays, we post about great travel deals we’ve found on the ‘net, in the hopes that you can find some great deals and discount on travel-related transportation, equipment, tickets, food, etc. Click here to see the deals we’ve found!
Posts We Like
On Sunday we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. This week we posted links to articles about the TWA Hotel getting ready to take reservations, a new points calculator, the demolition of a popular Hyatt, WDW refurbishments, the hotel chain that may start charging pet fees, and more…here are travel posts we recently read that we think you’ll enjoy. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Did You Know Flamingos Can Fly???
- Disney homage or ripoff? You decide. Nara Dreamland theme park: the lost video footage
- How we ended up going to the wrong airport lounge in Las Vegas
- That time we stayed up the road from an active volcano
- HOORAY! The newest updates to the MyTSA app make it actually USEFUL!
- Behind the scenes of a lawsuit against Walt Disney World (a.k.a. “the rest of the story”)
- When paying the check, I froze when I needed to pull a card out of my wallet
- The banning of resort fees & other hidden charges: the good news & the bad news
- The museum that looks back at its racist past
- Really, Frontier? This is what you call a sale? Why even bother?
- NY Mass Transit made a rule about pets, so New Yorkers said, “hold my beer…”
- Budget car rental has some amazing partners (some of which don’t even exist)
- How to recover from a long flight ASAP
- That time when Steven Spielberg gave a studio tour at Universal Studios Hollywood
- City Prestige: what changed, what didn’t, and what it all means
- Want to leave a country? There’s a tax for that!
- The pre-trip wallet shuffle
- Why do luxury hotels charge for WiFi but cheap hotels don’t? And what can you do about that?
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.