Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- Early this week, Gary from View From The Wing wrote about how one of the hawks that protects planes at London’s Heathrow airport from bird strikes was “birdnapped” from a car near the airport. It appears, from an article in The Sun, that the hawk named “Milo” has been returned to his home and will hopefully be back to work before our trip to London in a few months.
- Loyalty Lobby wrote about how the Grand Hyatt in New York is going to be torn down and replaced by a skyscraper that will include a new Hyatt hotel (that’s half the size of the previous one). We stopped by the Hyatt, to use the bathroom, on a recent trip and we much preferred the homey feel of The Fitzpatrick Grand Central to the mega-hotel feel of the Grand Hyatt.
- Stephen on Frequent Miler wrote about the change that LaQuinta hotels is making that allows individual properties to charge a pet fee. Before we started staying at the Candlewood Suites in New Braunfels, TX. the local LaQuinta was our hotel of choice. We often saw dog owners walking down the hall and I’d think this will be a huge negative impact to them.
- Mark from Miles to Memories wrote about a new hotel concept in Japan called First Cabin that offers rooms based on First Class, Business Class and Premium Economy seating on airplanes. While Sharon still wants us to spend a night in a capsule hotel in Japan (Note from Sharon: YYYYAAAASSSS!!!!), I don’t think this is the best way for us to accomplish that task.
- It takes a lot of work to maintain and/or improve a theme park. Amanda from Theme Park Tourist reported on some refurbishments that are coming (or already have come) to Walt Disney World.
- Million Mile Secrets wrote about how you can earn American Frequent Flyer miles when you book petsitting services through Rover. We’ve used TrustedHousesitters to find someone to watch Dobby the Poodle so I’m filing this one to the “in case it’s needed’ folder.
- We’ve visited Monument Valley before, on a trip with Adventures By Disney. Therefore, I was very interested in Scott’s post on Travel Codex about his stay at The View hotel. His pictures look amazing but he wasn’t able to get Sharon to pose on a horse, was he?
- Ben wrote on One Mile at a Time about the new calculator on the Hilton Website that supposedly shows how many points it will take to stay at one of their hotels. I’d chalk this one up to be a work in progress but it’s better than having no idea what a room will cost.
- Finally, Sharon saw an article on USA Today about the TWA Hotel at JFK airport. Apparently they will be starting to take reservations later this month. We already have the date we want to stay, so we’re thinking about booking ASAP.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary