Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- Matthew from Live and Let’s Fly gives his commentary on an article in USA Today by consumer rights advocate Christopher Elliot entitled, “First class for free? Try these innovative tactics to get an airline upgrade.” I’m in agreement with Matthew and feel that there are many things I will do for Your Mileage May Vary, but I will not suggest doing something I wouldn’t do myself.
- Small Luxury Hotels is a new partner with Hyatt so I was interested in an article by Charlie on Running For Miles about his experience booking with Hyatt and the details of his stay since this is the first I’ve seen someone put the new partnership to the test.
- Walt Disney World has recently closed a loophole that allowed people to get more Fast Passes than they should. Bailee from Inside The Magic explained what the issue was and how the theme park giant fixed it.
- Brian from The Gate writes about a letter from a reader that tells a story about their issue getting a day pass for a Delta SkyClub. While these passes are no longer available to the general public, Delta AMEX cardholders can still buy these passes for $29.
- I’m a big fan of using CashbackMonitor before making purchases online. Doctor of Credit let me know about a feature I wasn’t aware of, being able to put an alert if a portal increases the bonus on a specific website. This is perfect if you have a large non-essential purchase and you’re able to wait until the bonus goes up.
- Delta has rolled out their new color-coded boarding process. Gary writes on View From The Wing about an internal Delta memo admitting the change wasn’t about boarding the plane more efficiently but a way to try to upsell their offerings.
- Stephan from Rapid Travel Chai writes about how you can extend your Clear membership if you’re a Delta Diamond member. Clear’s systems can be a bit funky so I’m glad he provided step by step instructions. Sharon and I both have Clear and even though we’re not Diamond members, I made sure to link our Delta SkyMiles accounts to get the discount for being a Delta AMEX cardholder.
- Ben from One Mile At A Time writes a review of the Priority Pass Restaurant in the Tampa Airport, Cafe Mise En Place. We’ve known of the original restaurant in downtown Tampa since we lived in the area for a couple of years, but never managed to visit (and now if we go to Tampa, we visit Bern’s Steak House).
- Finally, Jon from No Mas Coach shares information about a website that tells the explanation behind airport codes. Have you ever wondered why Orlando’s airport is MCO or Chicago’s O’Hare airport is ORD? I could see this being a huge time sink so I’m saving the link for when I have the time to explore.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary