Can it really be the end of the month already? Wow! Besides being the month of YMMV’s “birthday” (our blog turned TWO YEARS OLD on January 17th, y’all!), January was a record-breaking month for us in terms of readership – THANK-YOU, travel friends!
Here are our most popular posts for January 2019. Many of them were actually written before January (several were written QUITE a while before), so take a look so you don’t miss any of the good stuff:
AIRPORTS & AIRLINES
- The lounges of Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- What are “preferred” seats on Delta and why pay extra to sit there?
- Here’s how you can get into airport lounges when flying JetBlue from New York to Orlando
CAR RENTALS & GROUND TRANSPORTATION
- How to avoid crazy toll charges when renting a car in Orlando
- What to do when your Uber charge is higher than expected
- How to get from JFK airport to Manhattan via AirTrain and subway
- Why I cancelled my American Express Platinum
- What’s the big deal about metal credit cards?
- A year of retention offers
DISNEY THEME PARKS
- What does Walt Disney World do with its leftover food? The answer might not be what you’d think
- Staying at Walt Disney World with no car? Make sure Disney doesn’t charge you for overnight parking
- That way not everyone knew about how to bypass Disney’s Advance Dining Reservations? It’s (mostly) gone
- What’s up with all the Brazilian tour groups at Disney & in Orlando (and some advice about them)
- When is the best time of year to go to Walt Disney World?
- Spirit has a lot of issues but you can’t say their flight attendants don’t have a sense of humor!
- Fart smell causes plane evacuation. Or not. Either way, TV broadcaster can’t keep a straight face
- Famous last words on a plane: “Don’t you know who I am?” (#rolleyes)
- How to override hotel thermostat settings
- Understanding hotel taxes, resort fees and deposits for incidentals
- What’s that hotel being built at the edge of Walt Disney World property?
- Bedrock City is closing! It’s your last chance to visit this bit of nostalgic kitsch
- Locked the zipper on your suitcase? Thieves can still easily get in. Here’s what to do about that
- The most brilliant travel question I’ve ever heard
NON-DISNEY THEME PARKS
- Opinion r.e.: lawsuit against Universal Studios Orlando due to warning signage
- Did SeaWorld Orlando’s parking fees just go up by nearly 50%? Yes. Sometimes.
- Nara Dreamland theme park: the lost video footage
POINTS AND MILES
- Reasons you should merge your Starwood (SPG) and Marriott accounts
- How to get the most reward points when buying amusement park tickets
- The basics of how to get started earning points and miles balances
- Theater fan? Here’s how you can get Broadway tickets for half price (limited time offer)
- Why do hotels charge a resort fee and how can you get out of paying it?
- You want discounted tickets to Walt Disney World? Where to look – and where not to!
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary