Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- I’ve come up with my own way to filter through posts on TripAdvisor but how can you tell if reviews are real or not on websites like Amazon or Yelp. Heels First Travel found a website that will grade the reviews for you.
- Million Mile Secrets gives us an inside look at the new Uber rewards program that’s slowly being rolled out to cities nationwide. I don’t think I’ll find much use, as we’re not super Uber users but it can’t hurt to sign up.
- We’ve all heard the speech telling us to put our electronic devices into airplane mode. If you think that’s not important then you need to read this article from View From The Wing about a man who got an unexpected cell phone bill when he accidentally left his phone on during a flight.
- Kyle from Behind the Thrills gave a pretty exciting construction update for Universal Studios Hollywood, with lots of cool photos.
- ‘Tis the season for airlines to put out their seasonal videos. My favorite come from Canadian airline WestJet and One Mile at a Time shared an article about their past videos and this year’s version, which will have a new video every day until Christmas.
- Loyalty Lobby also shared an article about the EuroWings flight to Palma de Mallorca where everyone onboard received an ugly Christmas sweater.
- Doctor of Credit wrote about a new twist when applying for an American Express Business credit card where AMEX requests ongoing access to your (business) bank account information. Would you provide a bank access to get a credit card?
- Walt Disney World is always offering new experiences “for a limited time” – some are finished as soon as the “limited time” runs out, others (one would assume the ones that are the most popular or profitable) are extended for much longer periods of time. Cristina from Inside the Magic reports on the latest offering, which is a sampler tasting experience at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, wherein you can get tastings “around the Kingdom,” as well as preferred seating for its River of Light show.
- Even if you have no idea about the Iberia promotion where you could get miles for booking any Iberia flight that happened this summer, I’d recommend reading this article by Nick from Frequent Miler about the aftermath of the promotion. These hints can be applied to any “deal” that comes up and if this keeps you from getting burned by a “once in a lifetime offer,” you can thank me later.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary