Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what we wrote on YMMV this week. From great travel deals to what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
On Tuesdays we post about great travel deals we’ve found on the ‘net, in the hopes that you can find some great deals and discount on travel-related transportation, equipment, tickets, food, etc. Click here to see the deals we’ve found!
Posts We Like
On Sunday we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. This week we posted links to articles about the analysis of the airline pilot on Grindr (while at work), the bag NOT to check, a great credit card checklist, an Adventures by Disney trip with Joe Rohde, lost perks on American, and more…here are travel posts we recently read that we think you’ll enjoy. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- The shower in our hotel room was broken – here’s what we got for it.
- Learn what you may have to pay for toll roads BEFORE renting a car.
- Could this be the replacement of, or an addition to Disney’s Magical Express?
- We’re letting our miles expire and that’s OK. Here’s why.
- Jetblue’s “It’s The Most Wander-ful Time of The Year” sale.
- Our food experiences in New Orleans.
- Spirit Airlines has a lot of issues but you can’t say their flight attendants don’t have a sense of humor!
- Have travel safety concerns? This interactive map shows the safest and riskiest places in the world for travel.
- All about flying with a cold – safety, protection, kids, refunds & more.
- We flew like frequent flyers (which we’re not) on American for one flight. Here’s what was different.
- Our first experience using the CLEAR checkpoint.
- What to do when you need a place to stay when they concert is over.
- Some of the funniest maps I’ve ever seen (a.k.a. “these ain’t your mama’s fold-up maps from AAA”).
- All about Broadway’s Rewards program.
- How to guarantee you won’t get a middle seat, no matter what.
- I donated my expiring Frontier miles to charity. Frontier didn’t make it easy to know how to do that, so here’s how.
- Visiting Central FL? How to leave your stuff, instead of lugging it back and forth every trip.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary