Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- I normally wouldn’t care about a new scheduled flight between Nairobi, Kenya, and Bujumbura, Burundi, It was Lucky’s article on One Mile at a Time that highlighted the facts behind the cancellation of the flight. The plane scheduled for the flight doesn’t have a first class cabin and Burundi government officials only fly First Class. Now that I think about it, I’m reminded of another government’s travel expenses.
- To celebrate Mickey Mouse turning 90 years old in November 18, Walt Disney World and Disneyland have each released bunches of specialty foods and snacks, as per Delish.
- Black Friday is next week and I’m first one to admit I’m a horrible shopper. If I find a good deal, it’s usually because someone has found it first. Deals We like posted a list of the ways to maximize current AMEX offers with Black Friday deals.
- Amanda from Theme Park Tourist reports that Universal Orlando Resort quietly unveiled some exciting expansion plans scheduled to occur over the next 5 years or so. Here’s what the known and rumored things will be.
- Jon from No Mas Coach posted about a LGBT friendly resort town just a 2 1/2 hour drive from Washington D.C. I was shocked to see it’s in West Virginia. THAT West Virginia? Guess it goes to show not to judge a town by how its state tends to vote.
- I don’t write about every credit card offer on the blog because there are just too many. This week Southwest increased the sign up bonus on their credit cards to 60,000 points and almost broke the travel blog internet telling how this is the deal to end all deals. Nick from Frequent Miler took a step back and analyzed if this is actually an offer anyone should take advantage of. I tend to agree with him. (SPOILER ALERT: IT’S NOT WORTH IT!)
- It was an interesting week as two blogs got introspective and re-evaluated what were the most important things to them when flying. Lucky on One Mile at a Time wrote about how his opinions on what’s the best business class seat are evolving (marriage is starting to change him already :-)) while Gary on View from the Wing described what things are the most important to him when on a US domestic flight.
- Seth from Wandering Aramean wrote about his recent visit to Reno. While his visit was driven by JetBlue’s sale fares around Halloween, I visited the town many times back in my bowling days and found it interesting the see what’s changed and what’s still the same.
- Lastly, I wanted to share this article I found from Emily on Million Mile Secrets. It’s from a few weeks ago, when I marked it to read, but kinda forgot. There’s a ton of blogs telling you not to travel like a tourist and if you do, you’re doing it wrong. Emily takes the opinion that there’s nothing wrong about looking like a tourist, because you are one. Take selfie pictures, visit tourist places and just enjoy yourself.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary