Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- Doctor of Credit shared information about BJ’s Wholesale Club letting everyone shop in their stores or online without a membership until November 5th. This is great news for those with a Chase Freedom or Discover because you’ll earn 5% back at wholesale clubs this quarter. We let our Costco membership lapse (it’s just too far from our house) so I think we’ll make at least one trip to BJ’s in the next week or so.
- John on Loyalty Lobby wrote about comments made by the Marriott CEO about the merger of SPG and Marriott loyalty programs. I think the CEO’s statement is in the running for the understatement of the year.
- Can you imagine what would have happened if Disney had gotten the rights to build a land or even just attractions based on the Harry Potter series of films? Apparently discussions were in the works way back when, but according to John at Screen Rant, the ideas Disney pitched were kind of, well, underwhelming. And that’s why The Boy Who Lived lives on at Universal.
- Mark from Miles to Memories flew on Spirit and tells of his experience. I find this to be the same opinion most people have after flying with them, but I doubt I’ll ever get the chance.
- Speaking about Spirit, Gary from View from the Wing explains how airlines can manage to make any profit when they sell a seat for $7.50. You better make sure you’re saving money when the airfare is that cheap.
- Lucky on One Mile At A Time shared his opinions on what makes flying with Delta different than other airlines. I have to say, he’s right on this one. After spending two flights with American and dealing with their obsessively strict gate agents, I’m happy we only have one flight with them our next trip and the other leg on Delta.
- Emily from Million Mile Secrets provided a list of great cities for three day weekends. While I’d love to visit Santa Fe and see Meow Wolf’s installation, it’s a little far for us. I’d add Chicago to the list cause we just spent three days there and it was fantastic. Just go before it gets too cold. Like yesterday 🙂
- Holly from Frugal Travel Guy reminds us that while it’s great to book trips using points and miles, make sure to check the cash price before booking. It’s hard to earn miles, you don’t want to waste them.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary