Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what we wrote on YMMV this week. From great travel deals to what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
On Monday through Friday, we post about great travel deals we’ve found on the ‘net, in the hopes that you can find some great deals and discount on travel-related transportation, equipment, tickets, food, etc. Here’s what we posted this past week:
Posts We Like
On Sunday we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think our readers might be interesting. This week we posted links to articles about WDW’s “just kidding!,” video of “the unbookable room,” major retailers considering to refuse certain credit cards, a Harry Potter opening, the reopening of a famous place, and more…here are travel posts we recently read that we think you’ll enjoy. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Considering Spirit Airlines? Read this before making a reservation.
- Beware of this car rental nightmare.
- How Joe’s packing list has changed in 15 years.
- How to avoid crazy toll charges when renting a car in Orlando (updated September, 2018).
- To celebrate Walt Disney World’s 47th birthday, here is an amazing promo video of the then-fledgling park from 1972.
- Joe paid less than $100 to travel 1000 miles for his class reunion – it was one of his best uses of points and miles ever!
- Some great savings are to be had with The National Parks’ flash sale!
- What can you do if you’re traveling and need to store your luggage for a few hours? Here’s the solution!
- Joe has changed his mind about JetBlue’s seats.
- Southwest’s best fare sale is back, so book now and see if your other flights have gone done in price, as well.
- Why do hotel charge for parking? And how can you get around having to pay for it?
- Are you allowed into the airport lounge? Know before you go.
- Our second line parade in New Orleans – your invitation to watch or even participate!
- Joe asked: “Why did I need to take off my shoes?“
- Visiting Orlando and have a dental emergency? There’s a mobile dentist that can come to you!
- What some of the world’s crabbiest people say about some of the most beloved places on earth.
- How much time should you spend picking out a hotel?
- Funny story: Sometimes it doesn’t take a rocket scientist or even a travel blogger to hack a hotel air conditioner.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary