Southwest released details of their newest fare sale today. While “Southwest” and “fare sale” might not sound exciting because it seems like they have one every week, this one is different. As a low fare carrier, the sale makes their low fares even less, and this is a REALLY GOOD sale, with REALLY GOOD prices that they only do about twice a year. But that’s not the best part of it!
Not only will you able to lock in some great fares for travel this winter (HERE COMES THE GOOD PART!), but because of Southwest’s generous rebooking policy, you’ll also be able to rebook any existing reservations if the prices have gone down, and get a credit for a future Southwest flight. Just remember that you’ll need to use the refunded amount to book and fly within one year of when you originally booked the ticket.
As usual, there are plenty of restrictions with these low fares (because what would cheap airfare be without restrictions? You thought you’d get a good price over Christmas week? Ahhhh….no. LOLOL!):
Terms & Conditions
- Purchase from October 2 through October 4, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid November 28 through December 19, 2018, and January 3 through February 13, 2019. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid November 28 through December 6, 2018, and January 4 through February 28, 2018. International travel valid November 28 through December 12, 2018, and January 8 through March 6, 2019.
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday. International travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Fares valid only on nonstop service.
- Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Fares not available to/from Orange County, CA (SNA) .
- Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but that’s not guaranteed.
- Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines®, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation.
- Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel may require an upgrade to the Anytime fare depending on Rapid Rewards® tier status.
- Fares are subject to change until ticketed.
- Offer applies only to published, scheduled service.
Despite all the terms and conditions, the prices are still awesome, if you can find any for when you want to travel. So click here to take a look at the domestic rates and click here for the international ones and may the odds forever be in your favor 😉
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary