Happy Saturday, friends! Here’s a recap of what we wrote on YMMV this week. From great travel deals to what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
On Monday through Friday, we post about great travel deals we’ve found on the ‘net, in the hopes that you can find some great deals and discount on travel-related transportation, equipment, tickets, food, etc. Here’s what we posted this past week:
Posts We Like
On Sunday we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think our readers might be interesting. This week we posted links to articles about how to save $100 on your passport, Orlando theme park Halloween events, questioning if you can bring legally purchased pot onto a plane, an anecdote about Senator John McCain’s travels, the cool new stuff Google Flights can do, the bear that walked into the hotel from The Shining, and more…here are travel posts we recently read that we think you’ll enjoy. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Some of the most awesome airport pickup signs ever
- All miles and points are NOT equal
- How to get free Sirius XM satellite radio in your rental car
- The technology of Disney’s Haunted Mansion is fascinating!
- Reasons you should merge your Starwood (SPG) and Marriott accounts
- Tourism slogans of every country in the world (The good, the bad and the “Did someone actually PAY YOU to make that up?”)
- We asked for help planning our trip to New Orleans
- Want something different to do in NYC? How about the Museum of Sex?
- ‘Tis the season! Discounts for ICE! at The Gaylord Palms
- The brand new changes to American Airlines’ restrictions for basic economy fares
- What might be the coolest way to see the fall colors, ever!
- Southwest and JetBlue flight sales
- How to avoid the higher checked bag fees on JetBlue and United Airlines
- Twenty five cool and awesome things some creative hotels did
- Sign up now for Hilton’s new bonus point promotion
- Remember Tom from MySpace? Come see how he is enjoying life as he travels around the world!
- How to beat Chase’s new restrictions on credit card bonuses
- It’s not too late to get 5% back at restaurants, gs stations, Walgreens and Lyft
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary