It’s the WEEKEND, y’all! And if you’re in the U.S., it’s a 3-day weekend, to boot! HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND! Here’s a recap of what we wrote on YMMV this week. From great travel deals to what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
On Monday through Friday, we post about great travel deals we’ve found on the ‘net, in the hopes that you can find some great deals and discount on travel-related transportation, equipment, tickets, food, etc. Here’s what we posted this past week:
Posts We Like
On Sunday we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think our readers might be interesting. This week we posted links to articles about increasing bag fees, loyalty program updates, a closing attraction, hints for retention offers, Southwest’s baby poop fail, and more…here are travel posts we recently read that we think you’ll enjoy. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- What you get if you sign up for hotel programs.
- Road Trip! Easy ways to find out what’s at the next exit.
- Understanding hotel taxes, resort fees and deposits for incidentals.
- The Starwood Preferred Guest credit card – now that the merger is complete, should you still consider getting it?
- An exhibition starring Mickey Mouse that’s set to open just in time for his 90th birthday.
- Earn a free car rental with National Car Rental’s “One Two Free” promotion.
- How to get a free 12-month subscription to Pandora Plus for your road trips.
- Joe relived his past at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas.
- Universal Orlando’s exclusive passholder after-hours party: 2018 vs. 2017 vs. WDW’s AP events
- What can happen when there’s a tobacco smell in your rental car.
- What has got to be one of THE MOST FUN things you could ever do at an airport.
- Save 20% or earn 20 points per dollar on airfare with this AMEX offer.
- How to get concert tickets for $25 or less with this Ticketmaster offer.
- The time when our friends took Joe out for vegan barbecue.
- The worst hotels in the world, according to TripAdvisor.
- You’re going to WDW and have friends or family who can buy Florida resident tickets. Here’s what you need to know.
- Want to adopt a dog? How about one who flunked out of TSA drug sniffing school?
- Want a business credit card? Here’s how to prove you’re a real business.
- An offer for FREE Gogo Wifi? Yes, please and thank-you!
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary