HAPPY SUNDAY y’all – we hope you’re enjoying your weekend! Here are some travel articles we’ve seen recently that we think you may like:
- Gary from View from the Wing flew on Southwest’s 737 MAX plane and shares his ideas on why their mini-bathrooms are still better than the ones American Airlines is offering on the same plane.
- DansDeals’ wrote about JetBlue’s plan to increase checked bag fees and fees to change flights. I’m getting scared since the former CEO of Spirit Airlines just joined the JetBlue board of directors. Hopefully I won’t need to move JetBlue down on the list of my favorite U.S. Airlines.
- Liz writes on Million Mile Secrets about some amazing outdoor concert venues you should check out this fall.
- Doctor of Credit gives details on the re-launch of Chick-fil-A’s loyalty program. While we’re not a fan of the chain, many people can’t get enough of their chicken sandwiches.
- I’m a big fan of making a call to a bank before cancelling a credit card. Anya from Frugal Travel Guy gives some hints on what you need to do before making that call hoping for a retention offer.
- If you’re a fan of the Eighth Voyage of Sinbad show at Universal Studios Orlando’s Islands of Adventure, you may want to get in one last viewing while you still can. OrlandoParkStop.com reports the show is closing September 15. Only rumors so far of what will replace the space, but at least we know this good news.
- Lucky from One Mile at a Time lets us know about offers to upgrade to the SPG Luxury Card from the Starwood Preferred Guest AMEX card. Our offers weren’t enough to make Sharon and I pull the trigger on this deal but others are getting a more generous offer.
- Finally, not all things that interest me are articles. Nick from Frequent Miler wrote on Twitter about an unfortunate incident on his Southwest Airlines flight. You’d think the removal of baby poop would be a priority, but cockpit security was more important to this particular Southwest crew.
On @SouthwestAir flight 1812 & my baby pooped all over clothes & carseat. He's a mess. Only forward lav has a changing table & FA won't allow me to help my wife change & clean him. If a baby's poop is a security concern, why doesn't rear lav have changing table? #WhereistheLUV?
— Nick Reyes (@NickatFM) August 25, 2018
That’s all we’ve got. Enjoy your Sunday!
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary