We’ve posted about a few innovative items invented to make the lives of travelers that much easier. There’s been the carry-on bag that doubles as a stroller, the luggage that you can ride on, the world’s best travel jacket and even what might be the most perfect carry-on ever. But this, I think, has the potential to make the life of traveling parents the easiest yet!
Goodbaby International has been creating stroller, travel systems, car seats and baby home gear for over 25 years, and this is, I think, the most innovative thing they’ve ever done. It’s called The Pockit.
The Pockit is in the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s most compact stroller. When folded, it’s the smallest stroller available on the market, at just 11.8″ x 7″ x 13.8″ (38 x 19 x 33 cm) and 9.5 pounds (20 kg). That means it can fit in a carry on bag, knapsack, a shoulder bag, or you can just pop it straight into the overhead compartment..
For parents who want to travel with their kids, be it to another country or just to the mall, it could make switching from “using a stroller” to “not using a stroller” that much easier. And you don’t have to gate check the Pockit on a plane if it fits into your carry on, right?
Although light, The Pockit is strong and can hold a child up to 55 pounds. The storage basket on the bottom can hold up to 11 pounds of gear, on top (well, on bottom) of that!
Here’s some more information about the Pockit Stroller:
- Featuring a groundbreaking two-step folding system, the GB Pockit Stroller has been hailed by the Guinness World Records™ as the most compact stroller in the market today
- Feather-light and ultra-portable design makes it the ideal urban travel stroller for families who are constantly on-the-go
- Supports children from 6 months up to 55 lb.
- Stroller weight: 9.5 lb.
- Dimensions (unfolded): 22.75″ L x 16.5″ W x 39.5″ H
- Dimensions (folded): 14″ L x 12″ W x 7″ H
- Height-adjustable safety harness with protective comfort shoulder and bottom pads
- Front-facing seat
- Easy, one-hand pushing and steering
- 2-step, ultra-compact (handbag shaped package) freestanding fold for easy transport and storage
- Sliding back panel with adjustable torso length
- Lightweight yet sturdy aluminum frame
- Rear wheel parking brake
- Lockable front swivel wheels
- Spot clean
- Overhead canopy
- Padded handlebars
- Under-seat storage basket
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
The Pockit is available in a variety of colors, including Capri Blue, Monument Black, Dragonfire Red and Seaport Blue. It retails for about $180 and can be found online on Amazon, Target, and Walmart, among others.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary