If you’re in the market for a carry on suitcase, you have just about a bajillion options to choose from. But if you do a search for the most “perfect” bag, your choices are narrowed quite a bit.
Away is a newer brand of luggage and they say their bags are “perfect.” What’s so perfect about them? Well, this is what they tout:
- Eleven different sizes of hard sided luggage (in up to 9 different colors)
- Removable (easily ejectable) 37-watt lithium-ion battery located under the handle of the carry-on sizes that is allowed in the cabin and can be carried onto any flight (they redesigned the battery aspect after new regulations for batteries went into effect).
- TSA approved locks
- Four 360-degree Japanese Hinomoto spinner wheels makes moving with the Carry-On easy peasy. These wheels are often found on more expensive cases so to have them on the Carry-On is very cool.
- The Carry-On is sized to fit official airline regulations at 21.7” x 13.7” x 9”. It flies on (almost) any plane, anywhere, anytime.
- Lower prices because they sell directly to the customer
- 100-day trial for suitcases and you can return it for any reason.
- limited lifetime warranty that covers any damage to the shell, wheels, handles, zippers, or anything else that functionally impairs the luggage.
- Electronic components (battery) is guaranteed by a two-year warranty. They will offer replacement batteries for purchase in the future and will make sure they improve with technology advancements.
“First class luggage at a coach price” – that’s their tag line. So, is it? Well, since its release, the “Away” brand of carry on has gotten a lot of press, most of it positive:
As you can see, most of the reviewers like it, usually quite a bit, although they said it’s not for people who like to over stuff their suitcases (*cough* me *cough*), the handle is not as sturdy as the rest of the luggage and one or two reviewers said the carry on wasn’t as balanced as it could be. Still, the easily removable ion-lithium battery in the carry-on sizes is a big plus if you don’t want to carry a battery bank brick with you from place to place.
Away offer free UPS ground shipping on all orders in the contiguous US, and a small surcharge for shipment to Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico. Internationally, they only ship to Australia at this time, for a small extra cost. They also have stores in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, as well as at O’Hare International Airport.
** Feature photo via Away
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!