HOORAY for the weekend! Happy Saturday, y’all! Here’s a recap of what we wrote on YMMV this week. From great travel deals to what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
On Monday through Friday, we post about great travel deals we’ve found on the ‘net, in the hopes that you can find some great deals and discount on travel-related transportation, equipment, tickets, food, etc. Here’s what we posted this past week:
Posts We Like
On Sunday we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think our readers might be interesting. This week we posted links about the new ban on 78% of sunscreens, some new WDW pass options, how to keep your IHG points from expiring, Marriott’s new reward categories, researching “too good to be true” offers & lots more – here are travel posts we recently read that we think you’ll enjoy. Click here to read all about it!
Joe wrote about:
- The five easy things he wants in a hotel room.
- Signing up for car rental programs ahead of time and what each program will give you.
- How Frontier and Barclays ALMOST got him to sign up for their revamped credit card.
- How he just booked his best award flight ever, and it’s not for him.
- How to earn extra miles by using shopping portals.
- Why it’s so difficult to find the name of a public Wi-Fi network.
- How to avoid this foreign currency ripoff at all costs.
And Sharon wrote about:
- The small town that turns into a Harry Potter themed wonderland.
- “No, My Carry On Bag Is NOT Too Big To Fit In The Overhead” – a humorous look at the time when an airline employee gave a hard time to the wrong person – namely, Sharon!
- What’s up with all the road construction around Walt Disney World.
- The airline snack cart CATASTROPHE! (well, not really, but it’s still sad)
- Carnival and midway games: the science of the scam and how to win.
- When Disney’s Main Street Electrical Parade rode up NYC’s 5th Avenue.
- How SeaWorld Orlando’s parking fees just went up by nearly 50%. Sometimes.
- The fable of Finnair’s final Friday the 13th flight.
- Some of the most ridiculous travel complaints ever.
Don’t forget to join our Facebook Group, where we talk about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel-related articles you may not see otherwise, etc. We’d love to see you there!
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!