Happy Saturday y’all and welcome to the weekend! Here’s a recap of what we wrote on YMMV this week. From great travel deals to what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
On Monday through Friday, we post about great travel deals we’ve found on the ‘net, in the hopes that you can find some great deals and discount on travel-related transportation, equipment, tickets, food, etc. Here’s what we posted this past week:
Posts We Like
On Sunday we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think our readers might be interesting. This week we covered bicoastal Disney openings, visiting Liverpool with a Beatle, a new way to search for flights, new places to redeem Starbucks stars, where to stay in Cuba on points & miles, what to do about stinky food on a plane, and a bunch more. Click here to read all about it!
Joe wrote about:
- The three ways to be a better customer when you travel.
- How he’s missing out on the promotion of the year and he’s OK with that.
- How he earned 20,000 points by typing four sentences.
- What you can do when you might miss your connecting flight.
- The credit cards that will pay for your Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check application fee (updated June, 2018).
- Two flash sales that will help with saving time when you travel.
- Our experience when renting from Sixt Rent-A-Car for the first time.
And Sharon wrote about:
- How easy it is to break into hotel safes (it’s even on You Tube!) and what you can do about it.
- How to avoid ear pain when you’re flying (especially when you have a cold, allergies or other sinus issues).
- What you need to know about the TSA’s new rules on powders in baggage in the U.S.
- A modern-day look at Walt Disney World’s (abandoned) River Country, with photos, video and a report on what might happen to the property next.
- Spirit Airline’s planned expansion that will commence this autumn.
- A museum and theme park that’s themed about wine.
- How to stop a manspreader on a plane in three easy steps.
Don’t forget to join our Facebook Group, where we talk about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel-related articles you may not see otherwise, etc. We’d love to see you there!
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!