Happy Sunday, friends and for those who are celebrating, Happy Mother’s Day! Sharon and I have come across a lot of interesting travel-related articles this week – here are some of our favorites.
- Sharon and I have asked the question at 20,000 feet: “Are you allowed to use the lavatory on an airplane when the ‘fasten seat belts’ light is on?” Gary from View from the Wing finally provided the definitive legal answer to that very question.
- A Tide Pen is one of the travel items under $10 dollars we always carry with us when we travel. Road Warriorette shared a experience where having one was absolutely necessary.
- While I don’t have the Wyndham Rewards credit card, my dad did sign up for one and still has enough points for a free night sitting in his account. Doctor of Credit has compiled a list of the hotels where you can get the most value with your points for a free night.
- This week, Delta launched a website promoting their “SkyMiles Deals.” Tiffany from One Mile at a Time looked into these offers to see how much of a “deal” they actually are.
- A popular event at Disneyland is ending after this year and a lot of guests who enjoyed it will undoubtedly be wearing black.
- JetBlue just unveiled a Boston Celtics paint job on one of their planes and I’m all for it. I grew up in the 80’s and still think Larry Bird is one of the GOAT.
- I’m often thankful that other bloggers do the research on things I’m interested in but would never spend the time to put together. Ric at Loyalty Traveler has made a searchable map of the reward rates of all 135 London and Southern England IHG hotels.
- I have a list of “go-to” hotels to search when staying in Manhattan. Radisson Rewards isn’t a program I follow closely so I was curious to read when Nick from Frequent Miler wrote about the Radisson Martinique on Broadway leaving Radisson and turning into a Curio by Hilton hotel as of June 29th.
- Andrew from One Mile at a Time shared his real time account of having his IHG points stolen. Follow the story from his discovery of the theft to the response from IHG.
- Mommy Points spent a night at the Sapphire Falls resort at the Universal Orlando Resort. Here’s her five things to know about the resort, based on her stay.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!