Hi y’all! Here are some travel articles we’ve read this week that we thought you might find interesting!
- “It’s 5 O’Clock at a Margaritaville hotel somewhere” should be the new slogan for the hotels bearing the same name as the iconic Jimmy Buffett song. The brand is expanding rapidly from their original focus on beachfront resorts and is now opening locations in major cities. They’ve just announced a hotel in Times Square set to open in 2020.
- Nick from Frequent Miler walks us through a dilemma that all collectors of miles and points eventually has to deal with; should you use your rewards points or should you pay cash? The answer is different for everyone but it depends on what value you give to your points.
- Tourism to Las Vegas is going down and one expert is suggesting the dip is due to hotel fees and parking charges making trips there more expensive.
- Last week, Southwest announced the cities they’ll fly to in Hawaii. This week, they revealed the what airports they’ll fly to Hawaii from. Maybe next week we’ll find out the exact routes.
- Here’s how you can earn an easy 250 Starpoints on each Starwood stay just by using mobile check in with the SPG app.
- Ed from Pizza In Motion tells us which six airlines were added to the list of those that participate with TSA Precheck.
- Theme Park University has a good history of explaining new rides and attraction before they’re done and Hagrid’s Roller Coaster, currently under construction in Hogsmeade in the Wonderful World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure is no exception. Here’s what they write from what they know, what they can gather from the construction so far, and a smidge of whisperings from within the theme park industry.
- Lucky from One Mile at a Time writes about changes that reportedly are coming to the Chase Sapphire Reserve card.
- Stefan from Rapid Travel Chai shared the news that IHG has changed their minds (again) about the Anniversary Free Night from the IHG Rewards Club Select credit card. This time the change is for the better and IMHO it’s what they should have done in the first place.
- Walt Disney World has held Night of Joy, an annual Christian rock themed event, for over 30 years. Until now. This week they announced they are shelving the popular event.
- When booking a trip for his parents, James from One Mile at a Time learned the lesson that not everyone has the same preferences when they travel. What may seem like a perfectly normal plan to a miles and points junkie doesn’t appeal to the rest of the world. Heed his warning, as these words of wisdom are usually only learned from personal experience.
Don’t forget to join our Facebook Group, where we talk about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel-related articles you may not see otherwise, etc. We’d love to see you there!
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.