Hi there – I hope you’re enjoying your Sunday! Here are some travel-related stories I found particularly interesting this week:
- The Points Guy website wrote about how Hawaiian Airlines have started making announcements in both English and Hawaiian on select flights.
- As people obsessed watching Tiny House Hunters on HGTV, I’m thrilled to learn that there is a Tiny Digs Hotel in Portland. Bald Thoughts stayed there and shared a review.
- Miles to Memories shares pictures and thoughts from their first Disney Cruise with two kids. Having only traveled with a group of adults, it was interesting to learn about the “kid only” parts of the ship I’ve never seen.
- I’ve been reading posts from Lucky at One Mile At A Time for years because besides showing all of the wonderful parts about travel, he’s also willing to share when things go wrong. Like this trip when the booth of the rental company was “closed” and the neighboring booth rented him a “not in perfect condition” car.
- This article from Travel Codex is of particular interest to me, as I’m writing this post from the lobby of a Waldorf Astoria hotel property and have my own experiences with the hotel concierge program. It was interesting to see what someone else thought of the service they claim to provide and is it all it’s claimed to be?
- Gary from View From The Wing writes about the sneak peek that some people were given into the new TWA hotel at JFK airport. I’m so thrilled to see this place open and I’m sure it will be way too expensive for us to stay at.
- Finally, I wanted to share a post from Darius at Million Mile Secrets. Reading his and Emily’s posts were one of the things that really got me into learning about miles and points. Their website was also one of the first to realize that Your Mileage May Vary even existed on the internet, and we were thrilled to pieces when they interviewed Sharon and I when YMMV was just a couple of months old. The reason I read blogs is for the information but also for the people; you get involved in their stories. Like in everyday life, paths sometime move in different directions. I’m sad to see that Darius is leaving Million Mile Secrets but I’m hopeful that he’ll find peace and happiness during this new journey in his life.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.