It’s been a busy week in the world of travel and particularly in regards to points and miles. The Daily Getaways sales are happening, well daily. Hotels are launching their promos for the next few months and a huge announcement from Marriott and SPG about the future of their programs is imminent.
Here’s what else happened this week that caught my eye:
- Mommy Points wrote about how during her recent trip to Orlando she found out that Universal Orlando closes their parks as early as 5PM after Spring Break. This is due to them renting out the parks for private events, including the yearly Grad Bash parties.
- I’ve written about how I use Google Flights to search for cheap airfare. To my displeasure, Google recently changed the look of the website. The Points Guy has, fortunately, found out how to go back to the old format…for now. But really, everything in life is only for now (Note from Sharon: Like or comment on this post if you get the reference. By the way, the 3 pics below? “Yeah, they’re real” 😉).
- Ed from Pizza in Motion posted his favorite pictures from March. I had to include this because he stopped at South of the Border during his epic road trip to Florida.
- Lucky, from One Mile At A Time, writes about his quandary while picking a hotel for a one night stay. When having to choose between hotel amenities, loyalty programs, points earning potential, cost and just what hotel you WANT to stay at, it’s possible to spend more time picking out a hotel than the time you’ll spend in the hotel.
- The Orange County Register showed charts of how 5,000 Disney workers feel about their jobs, based on a commissioned survey of Union workers, and I found the results pretty fascinating.
- Finally, Gary from View From The Wing shared a note that a British Airways crew left after a flight from Sydney to Singapore. I’ve never flown on BA for a long flight (I actively avoid their flights to Orlando because they squeeze as many people heading to Florida for holiday on these planes as they possibly can). I almost feel bad for this particular flight crew as it’s a hard enough job under the best of circumstances but I can’t imagine how it must be when everything seems to go wrong.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!