Happy Sunday! It was a busy week for those of us who follow miles and points. I’m going to go past the most popular topics to show you some of the other articles that I found interesting this week.
- Secret Flying shared how an airport in Japan cleans your checked baggage before it’s returned to you. Because of course, Japan. (Pity, it seems the YouTube video has been removed).
- The Points Guy reported about how it will now be much easier to get an ride from Lyft or Uber when arriving at LaGuardia Airport. This will be helpful to us as we often find ourselves flying into this airport and have usually resorted to taking a taxi due to convenience.
- Ed from Pizza in Motion shared a story about how not every trip to Walt Disney World is magical. When you’re traveling with family who are all having their own issues, trying to live life in overdrive for days at a time can eventually take its toll on everyone.
- A guest columnist on One Mile At A Time wrote about the great value you can get from a Japan Rail Pass. As one who has purchased this pass before, I can vouch that it can be a huge money saver. However, you need to know what you are doing to take full advantage of its value (I’m not even gonna penalize the author because the GIF is from Disney’s Mulan, who is clearly Chinese and not Japanese).
- Nick from Frequent Miler posted about concierge services from credit cards, a topic he spoke about during the most recent Frequent Traveler University. His experiences weren’t all that different from what I’ve found from trying to use these credit card benefits.
- Summer from Mommy Points wrote about changes that Radisson is making to their hotel properties in the United States in an effort to improve the brand’s image. I wonder if this is why the Radisson in Kissimmee has left the brand to become a Delta Hotel?
- Road Warriorette shared some hints about how to pack for trips to two differing climates. While unlike my leisure trips, her trips were for business, I’ve been there, and done that and I didn’t want the t-shirt.
I’ve spent my fair share of time in Reno, NV visiting the National Bowling Stadium. Not many articles are written about “The Biggest Little City In The World” so I always like to hear what other people have to say.
- Gary from View From The Wing shared about his hotel in Reno that had the strangest place he’s every found a Gideon’s Bible in a hotel.
- Gary also wrote about the really nice Escape lounge that’s opened in Reno Airport you can visit for free with your American Express Platinum card.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!