Hey y’all! Here are the articles we’ve recently seen, written by others, that we learned from, made us think or maybe made us chuckle a little bit. We hope you enjoy them!
- United Airlines announced they’re doing away with employee bonuses and replacing them with a lottery system. I dunno, United, maybe you could just keep paying your employees their bonuses if you meet your goals and then they can go and buy a lottery ticket if that’s what they want to do with their money?
- Holly at Frugal Travel Guy shares a story about how a cancelled concert soured her towards traveling for special events. We’ve been to Desert Trip and The Classics East concerts and had a blast. If a concert got cancelled, I’d just try to the make the best of it and hopefully it’s better next time.
- Miles to Memories reminds us that Southwest has raised their drink prices. It looks as if I made it right under the deadline on my last flight. I don’t often drink when flying on coach but my seatmates on this Southwest flight made it almost necessary.
- Greg The Frequent Miler wrote about how Hyatt is cracking down on people who take advantage of the second guest trick to get others the perks of status. That means booking a room in your name (if you have status) and adding a second guest who will be staying in the room. The problem comes if you never show up (or never intended to). I’d never do this (the moral compass issue) but others apparently are abusing the loophole.
- Gary at View from the Wing shows us a video of Americans acting like Americans. If you get drunk on a plane, please don’t take off your shirt and start fighting with the ground workers at the airport.
- Sharon wasn’t the only one to be told her bag wouldn’t fit in the sizer. Ed from Pizza in Motion found a video of a United employee making the weakest possible argument that a bag was too large for the plane.
- Road Warriorette shares her reading list. I always like to see what other people are reading.
- I had a reservation at the Delano in Las Vegas that I cancelled in order to get a suite at the Hilton Vacation Club on Paradise. Flying High on Points gives a review that shows what I missed out on.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.