Hi everyone! Here are the articles we’ve recently seen, written by others, that we learned from, made us think or maybe made us chuckle a little bit. We hope you enjoy them!
- Seth at Wandering Aramean found a video by someone who wants to show you that your Instagram feed isn’t original and there are thousands of pictures out there just like yours. I was captivated by the video and it makes you think are those pictures for you or for others.
- For those of you with elite status with United, Travel Codex discovered that United is not going to issue physical cards anymore, unless you ask for one. While it may seem frivolous, some international airlines require the card to get into their lounge. To get a card, you need to call United MileagePlus for a replacement, even though you never received one in the first place.
- IHG really wants you to stay at a Kimpton. Besides giving an Accelerate bonus and AMEX offer, per Loyalty Lobby they are also discounting the hotel rate at many hotels by 25%.
- Nick at Frequent Miler points out a not-so-hidden advantage of Whole Foods being acquired by Amazon is if you are a Prime member,you can receive 5% back on Whole Foods purchases with the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa. I’ll still use our AMEX Everyday Preferred to get 4.5x Membership Rewards but this is a great return on grocery spending and there’s no limit on how much you can get back. Now if our local Whole Foods could just manage to get their inventory in order so they actually have items in stock.
- Gary from View from the Wing shared a feel good story about how United returned a lost engagement ring to a passenger by having a pilot hand deliver it to her.
- An article on the Points Guy website warns you to not believe all of the sales pitches by American flight attendants about the American credit card. Turns out they’re wrong more than they’re right and most of them tend to bend the script to make the card more appealing (and maybe they’ll get more commissions from people signing up).
Like this post? We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!