Hi friends! Here are the articles we saw last week, written by other travel bloggers and article writers, that we learned from, made us think or maybe made us chuckle a little bit. We hope you enjoy them!
- The TSA discovered a record number of firearms at airport checkpoints in 2017 – and our hometown airport of Orlando, as well as our neighboring Tampa airport made the list. Way to go, fellow Floridians!
- My former home of New Jersey is now the only state left that doesn’t let you pump your own gas (yes, that is a thing)
- Sometimes I’m reminded of old articles I found funny and the review of a First Class flight on China Southern, written by Lucky (from One Mile At A Time), has to be towards the top of that list.
- I like to read what other people have to say about customer service and Ben from No Mas Coach! had an interesting take on Alaska Airlines’ email responses to several of his concerns (spoiler: they all sound the same.
- Can you wear an Apple Watch (or other Smart Watch) through TSA? Here’s a non-scientific test from Ed from Pizza in Motion.
- United, known more as a follower than a leader, has stolen borrowed elements of IHG’s Accelerate promo and launched their Mile Play promotion.
- Loyalty Traveler stayed at a Key West hotel with Best Western points and it looks as if it’s a great deal.
- Gary from View from the Wing flew on American with a basic economy ticket and said it wasn’t that bad. He was also on a short flight and is an Executive Platinum flyer so his flight might be a bit better than the average flyer.
- Heels First Travel caught The Art of the Brick exhibit featuring several LEGO creations at the Portland OMSI. While you’d think it would be mainly for LEGO enthusiasts, some of the creations are fascinating.
- I’ve loved the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum since I was a kid and hearing that airlines donated $28 million dollars to help with a renovation makes me want to go back.
Like this post? We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!