From an historic hotel’s renovations, to a fun way to get priority boarding, here are some stories we saw this week that we thought were interesting. We hope you will, too:
- Important news first. Are you geeking out over Star Wars this week (more than normal) like Joe is? Then you might want to check out these multi-day vacations to filming sites from the movies. Thanks to Bald Thoughts for the link!
There are several articles that talked about Christmas this week:
- The Points Guy showed cities around the world with the most extravagant Christmas light displays.
- Want to know how to get priority boarding by wearing your ugly Christmas sweater? One Mile at a Time can tell you!
- Travel and Leisure wrote about how the entire country of New Zealand has an official Secret Santa program.
And in the non-holiday category…
- Read Doctor of Credit to find out how you can get two entries a day into the Starbucks for Life promotion (Joe’s been doing this daily).
- Speaking up about problems might get you some extra points or miles and Million Miles Secrets shared a story about that.
- Joe had the same problem as Frequent Miler with the current AMEX offer with Google Express but he found a solution.
- Loyalty Lobby wrote about the renovations to the Waldorf=Astoria in New York. It’s been closed for almost a year (right after our visit in early 2016) and they are finally ready to start.
- Delta/Air France/KLM has new luggage-less transatlantic fares, as per View From The Wing.
- Deals We Like reported that JetBlue is making big changes to their refund and stand-by policies and they’re not to to the customers’ benefit.
Like this post? We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!