From new military loyalty cards to a report about someone who stayed in a Japanese capsule hotel, here are some stories we saw this week that we thought were interesting. We hope you will, too:
- Million Miles Secrets reported on Citibank adding Avianca to the Thank You Points program.
- Star Wars Pop-Up bars are the new thing, and as per Conde Nast Traveler and they appear to be for those with plenty of galactic credits to throw around.
- As per Frequent Miler, Chase added the ability to transfer directly from Ultimate Rewards to two more valuable partners, Aer Lingus and Iberia.
- Loyalty Lobby wrote about how SPG is back with their Birth Year promotion. We used this for a stay in Austria and it saved us a bunch of money.
- On a more negative note, View From the Wing reported that Singapore Airlines is going to start to charge more points for awards on partner airlines.
- Another downer is that AMEX is not going to offer any Small Business Saturday promotion this year. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. We appreciate One Mile At A Time for letting everyone know.
- Doctor of Credit reported that Caesars Entertainment launched new loyalty card for military. It also provides discounts at Wyndham Hotels, Norwegian Cruise Line and Hawaiian Airlines.
- We love stacking multiple offers because it’s a great way to save lots of cash and to earn points, too. The Points Guy reported on some reader success stories of doing just that!
- If you enjoy reading about other peoples’ trip reports, Wandering Aramean just posted one about his stay at a capsule hotel in Japan.
- Finally, in the “OMG, really???” category, No Mas Coach reported on how an Air France flight had to be cancelled due to a passenger who was caught masturbating. Yes, really. And the story of what happened afterwards is even more weird.
Like this post? We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!