Hotel promotions are a great way to increase your point balances and they don’t require you to pay with a certain credit card (or any credit card) to take advantage of them. Hotel programs are already the most generous about rewarding points, with several chains rewarding up to 10 points per dollar spent for their base members. If you’re lucky enough to be staying at a hotel during one of these promotions, your balances can start to pile up quickly.
Starting on August 1st, you can earn double or triple points for stays at Holiday Inn Express hotels – here’s how to sign up.
When staying at a Holiday Inn Express from August 1 – September 30 for 3 or more nights, you will earn double points for Monday-Thursday and triple points for Friday-Sunday. Since the base earning at a Holiday Inn Express is 10 points per dollar, you’ll be earning 20-30 points per dollar during this promotion. Remember the bonus is usually based on the base points earned so any extra points you earn because you have status with the program are not subject to the bonus.
You can sign up for the promotion by going to the IHG website, here.
Here are some of the rules for the promotion.
- The offer is good for IHG Rewards Club members in North America (except residents of Quebec).
- You must register before your stay for it to count for the promotion.
- The maximum amount of bonus points you can earn for the promotion is 25,000.
- You can only earn points for one room per member per stay.
- Double and Triple bonus points are not issued for stays booked through an Online Travel Agency or for Non-Qualifying Room Rates and Non-Qualifying Stays.
- A Qualifying Stay is defined as 3 or more consecutive nights at the same Holiday Inn Express® hotel. A stay constitutes a Qualifying Stay when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates at Holiday Inn Express® hotels worldwide.
What’s nice is that, for August, this bonus overlaps the IHG Accelerate promotion that’s currently running. So you can earn the bonus points from both the offers if your stay qualifies. If you haven’t signed up for Accelerate, or any of the other hotel promotions this summer, you can read more about them here.
Just to give an idea of how many points you can earn, say that you’re going away for Labor Day Weekend. You have a room booked for a Holiday Inn Express for $150 a night from Friday to Monday.
- $450 x 10 base points = 4,500 points
- Triple Points Promotion = 9,000 points
- Total points earned = 13,500
A free night at a Category 1 hotel costs 10,000 points, so you’d already have earned enough for that. An even better value would be to take advantage of one of the PointBreak Hotel offers. Every 3 months, IHG also puts out a list of PointBreaks hotels that only cost 5,000 points a night. These hotels are not usually breathtaking but if you’re going to be around one of them and need a night to stay anyway, it’s one of the best deals around. Most hotels we’d want to stay at cost around 20,000 to 35,000 points a night so this would be enough points to get us 1/2 way to a free room night.
It doesn’t cost anything to sign up for these promotions so I’d suggest doing so even if you don’t have plans to stay at a Holiday Inn Express this fall.
Like this post? We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!